Girls Spring Head Tennis Coach
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Tennis, Girls Spring Head Tennis Coach
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, teachers, coaches, and community using APPROVED Appoquinimink School District Communication Methods.
- Experience coaching / participating in Tennis at the high school or collegiate level. Prior coaching experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of NFHS Tennis Rules, DIAA Rules and Regulations, Blue Hen Conference Regulations, and ASD Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge of basic First Aid / Athletic Training Practices.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Criminal Background Check and TB testing.
To develop and sustain a program for students to achieve a high level of skill in Tennis fitness, and the development of an appreciation for discipline, hard work, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Coach individual male & female participants in mechanics and skills necessary for achievement in competitive high school Tennis.
- Coordinate and supervise a regular schedule of practice.
- Encourage sportsmanship and team unity and enforce all sportsmanship guidelines.
- Enforce discipline of contest, school, conference and state rules and regulations.
- Supervise assistant coaches and enhance their professional development (if applicable).
- Oversee the safety conditions and accountability issues involving students and facilities located both on ASD Properties and at off campus facilities.
- Maintain accurate records of uniforms, equipment, individual and team statistics, and accomplishments.
- Submit required forms and athletic documents.
- Recommend purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Coordinate and develop an effective and sustainable fundraising plan with Athletic Director that is easily communicated with administration, players, coaches, media, and community.
- Attend required coaches’ clinics and State and conference selection meetings if applicable.
- Attend required coaches’ meetings and Athletic Booster’s Association meetings if applicable.
- Develop a total program for grades 9 through 12.
- Provide and display a willingness to work with Athletics Department Administration, staff, student- athletes, and parents with a dynamic practice and meet schedule..
- With the help and approval of the Athletic Department, develop fundraising plans for their team year to year that are transparent, easily executed, and clearly communicated to all families involved.
Appoquinimink School District
120 Silver Lake Road, Middletown, DE 19709
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $14,609
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.05
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 349