Professional Assistant - Science Lab Aide
Provides instructional support to students in groups and one-to-one settings under the direction of a certified teacher. This position is specific to the Department of Science at the high school level. Responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lab set-up for all teachers
• Put together all lab materials (solutions, equipment, preparations, etc.) for teachers. Advanced notice (from teachers) of 24 hours required.
• Communication with Lead Science teacher (LF, or LF designee).
2. Clean up and organization of biology, chemistry and physics lab prep rooms
• Clean up of completed labs from teachers.
• Restocking of materials and equipment.
• General cleanliness of room.
3. Equipment inventory
• Keeping track of amounts of materials.
4. Serve as an instructional aide in the classroom as needed by teacher
• Can help teachers with the distribution, monitoring, or other non- instructional classroom responsibility during a lab.
5. Miscellaneous department duties
• Photocopying during high volume times of year, like week before midterms and final exams.
• Retrieving mail from main office.
6. Filing and organization of MSDS sheets
Associate's Degree or ParaPro Competency Exam required. Previous experience in the sciences preferred.