3rd Grade Teacher
3rd Grade Teacher
Campbell Elementary School
162 scheduled working days (172 paid days); 4-day school week
Salary range: $33,000-$45,072 dependent on education level and experience
TITLE: Elementary Classroom Teacher
1. Appropriate Colorado Department of Education licensure
2. A Bachelors’ Degree
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To create a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for upper elementary grade education according to each pupil's ability; to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
1. Teach reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, art, and health to students in a classroom, using the course of study adopted by the Board of Education, and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
3. Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
4. Translate lesson plans into learning experiences to best utilize the available time for instruction.
5. Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
6. Evaluate students' academic and social growth, keep appropriate records and prepare progress reports.
7. Communicate with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupils’ progress and interpret the school program.
8. Identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
9. Create an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
10. Maintain professional competence through in service education activities provided by the district and/or self-selected professional growth activities.
11. Select and requisition books and instructional aids; maintain required inventory records.
12. Supervise pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned work day.
13. Administer group standardized tests according to the district testing program.
14. Participate in curriculum development programs as required.
15. Participate in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
Working environment may be busy with frequent interruptions and a significant workload. Frequent standing, sitting, walking, stooping, bending, lifting up to 20 lbs. Use of standard office equipment such as copy machine, fax machine, telephone, etc.