Immediate Supervisor: Principal, Exceptional Learning Administration
Terms of Employment: Part-time - salary is commensurate with experience
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Summary: The primary function of a part-time paraprofessional is to provide appropriate support to meet student needs. The part-time paraprofessional must be able to perform the attached essential job functions and satisfactorily demonstrate the competencies for staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. The individuals currently holding this position perform additional duties, and additional duties may be assigned.
- Provides direct and/or indirect services to assigned students according to the IEP or ISP.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with students and staff.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with students and staff.
- Ability to accurately respond to directions and instructions.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required through the students’ IEP needs.
Qualifications: Listed below are the minimum qualifications for this job, though an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience may be accepted.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College education a plus.
- Indiana Teaching License or Substitute License a plus.
- Successful completion of the Praxis C-Parapro Assessment within the first 30 days of employment.
- Possess strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Desire to continue career improvement.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
- Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials.
- Occasional stooping, bending and reaching.
- Must work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Must work in noisy and crowded environments
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work is generally performed indoors.
- The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substances in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the Corporation.