The LaGrange School District 102 in accordance with federal laws, Presidential Executive Orders, and state and local laws provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
LaGrange District 102 is committed to building and sustaining a multicultural school community that fosters equity, diversity and inclusion.
- State of Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) with Paraprofessional endorsement
- Knowledge and experience with Google suite
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the classroom teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives.
- Communicates with teachers and other district personnel for the purpose of assisting in evaluating progress and/or implementing IEP objectives.
- Implements under the supervision of assigned teacher, instructional programs and lesson plans (e.g. reading, math, language comprehension, writing, computer, etc.) for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Maintains classroom equipment and work area for the purpose of ensuring availability of a safe learning environment and/or meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. rest rooms, playgrounds, hallways, bus loading zones, cafeteria, assemblies, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Promotes good study habits and student independence for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes.
- Provides, under the supervision of assigned teacher, instruction to students in a variety of individual and group activities (e.g. self esteem, behavioral skills, daily living skills, etc.) for the purpose of implementing goals for remediation of student deficiencies and ensuring student’s success.
- Documents student’s daily activities (e.g. behavior, completed assignments, on/off task times, etc.) for the purpose of completing daily logs and student’s hourly activities.
- Implements under the supervision of assigned teacher, behavioral plans designed by IEP team for students with behavior disorders or other special conditions for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Models conversation, manners, clean up activities, listening, and everyday interactions for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social behavior in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Monitors student’s daily schedule and behavior plan (e.g. class schedule, toileting, medication, appetite, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Responds to emergency situations (e.g. injured students, arguments, etc.) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Supervise students in and out of classroom activities during the assigned workday
- Participates in team planning as requested
- Maintains substitute folder with information essential for successful substitute assignment
- Performs other tasks and projects as assigned by the Building Administrator/supervising teacher
Online applications only, please.