Job | Posted 2 months ago
|JOB TITLE:||Speech Language Pathologist (Full time position)|
|JOB QUALIFICATIONS:||Degree in Communication Disorders or related field, masters preferred
Valid Texas License in Speech Language Pathology preferred
Ability to work with school and community population
Ability to work independently
|LOCATION:||Fayette County Shared Service Arrangement in Schulenburg, TX|
|PRIMARY PURPOSE:||Serve as the speech–language pathologist responsible for diagnosing speech and language disorders/delays and implementing programs designed to increase a student’s speech, language, and communication development.|
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:||1. Assess and determine developmental competencies.
2. Develop appropriate IEP objectives and annual goals.
3. Plan, schedule, and implement all direct and/or indirect service as needed.
4. Coordinate and participate as a member of the ARD committee.
5. Provide individual speech/language screenings and evaluations for referrals as assigned.
6. Provide individual speech/language reevaluations for students with speech eligibility as assigned.
7. Provide consultation to campus RTI committee.
8. Function as a consultant in speech and language to parents and staff as required.
9. Translate appraisal data into an instructionally relevant speech and language program.
10. Participate in staffing’s of students served.
11. Provide parent training in the area of speech and language.
12. Participate and/or present in campus and district professional learning opportunities.
13. Participate and/or present in district public awareness and parent trainings.
14. Maintain service related records, progress notes and grading period reviews.
15. Provide services in an inclusive setting and coordinate intervention with general education staff.
16. Monitor and update student audit folders.
17. Follow billing and reimbursement procedures for Medicaid and other needed documentation such as time studies.
18. Complete required district logs, summaries, and data systems.
|EQUIPMENT USED:||Copier, printer, personal computer, assistive technology devices, adaptive equipment, esped (Frontline) software for ARD paperwork and IEP’s, and IPADS for some assessments.|
|WORKING CONDITIONS:||Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling, and pushing.|
|APPLY TO:||Schulenburg ISD Website. Pay based on Fayette County Shared Service Arrangement pay scale. Based on years of experience.|
|REPORTS TO:||Director of Special Education|
SCHULENBURG INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
521 North Street, Schulenburg, TX 78956
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558