Health Assistant (Secondary grades 6-12)
Lake Station Community Schools
Thomas A. Edison Junior Senior High School, 3304 Parkside Avenue, Lake Station, Indiana 46405
Lake Station Community Schools is seeking applicants for school Health Assistant (Secondary grades 6-12) assigned to Thomas A. Edison Junior Senior High School.
- Works 29 1/2 hours per week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – 6 hours per day, Wednesday – 5-1/2 hours, plus an 1/2-hour unpaid meal period)
- Work 180 school days; start and end school with students.
- Have all school holidays and breaks off during the school year.
- Typical daily work hours: 7:45 am to 2:15 pm (Edison) or 8:45 am to 3:15 pm (Elementary Schools)
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Certified/registered/licensed: LPN, EMT-B, CNA, CMA, RMA, or equivalent (minimum). AHA Healthcare Provider CPR/AED Adult and Child.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of administrators, faculty, parents, and school employees.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Include the following and other duties as may be assigned:
- Possess good written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate with others.
- Possess ability to operate a computer and related software.
- Ability to interact positively with school personnel, parents and community members and develop effective working relationships.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and board policies.
- Previous experience working with school age children (preferred).
- MUST understand and have respect for CONFIDENTIALITY of information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
H2 schedule $14.50 per hour starting, commensurate with education and experience.
Posted: 08/14/2020 (refreshed 10/20/2020)