2020-2021 SY: Educational Paraprofessional - Kindergarten - at Atalaya Elementary School
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Educational Assistant - Kindergarten
Atalaya Elementary School
Level III EA License
All positions with Santa Fe Public Schools require a post offer/pre-employment background check. Some positions have additional requirements as established by Federal or State Rules and Regulations.
Works alongside and assists certified school personnel in the performance of their duties and works under the direct supervision of a certified teacher. Assists certified staff in providing delivery of the instructional program. (The certified person retains responsibilities for instruction and supervision of pupils in his or her charge and shall not delegate to an aide sole responsibility for the performance of any of the following duties).
Must be at least 18 years old.
New Mexico licensure and any other requirements specified by State Department of Education.
(Basic minimum requirements are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the District).
Minimum: Level III Licensure based on Public Education Department Regulation. Or the ability to obtain such.
Preferred: Bi-Lingual (Spanish-English)
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
Ability to comply with state-approved Code of Ethics of the Education Profession and upholds and enforces rules, administrative directives and regulations, school board policies, and local, state and federal regulations. Ability to articulate and facilitate the implementation of the mission and values of the Santa Fe Public Schools. Ability to safeguard confidentiality of privileged information. Effective communication skills both verbal and written. Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills. Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in –person and on the telephone. Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects.
Essential Job Functions
All functions are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety and environmental regulations, facility and computer security policies and procedures. Functions are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the organization. Current essential functions include the following:
- Assists licensed personnel in the school environment.
- Works with individuals and small groups in the classroom to reinforce material introduced by the teacher.
- Serves as a model in developing students’ language and behavior.
- Collect, prepare and arrange resource material for use by certified personnel or as directed by the teacher.
- Operates support equipment and monitors testing or make-up work by students
- Maintains classroom records, prepares reports as requested by the classroom teacher or principal, scores tests, processes books, manage supplies and classroom equipment as needed. Prepares and maintains accurate and complete records and reports as required by law, state directives, district policy and administrative regulations.
- Monitors student activities in classrooms, school grounds, hallways, lunchrooms, field trips, bus loading areas, etc.
- Provides support for non-instructional classroom duties such as monitoring snacks, restrooms, clothing areas, etc.
- Performs other tasks related to area of responsibilities as requested or assigned by an immediate supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
$16,562 - $24,970
Resources Used in Performing Job Include (but are not limited to):
Standard school classroom resources.
Occasionally lifts and moves up to 50 pounds in supplies which requires bending, stooping and lifting. If working in certain special education classrooms are required to regularly assist in the lifting or moving of students of varying weights and sizes for hygiene or feeding purposes. Uses hands and arms to manipulate objects. Uses keyboards, tools and other controls. Sits and stands for long periods of time.
The noise level is usually moderate. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. Occasionally required to travel to other facilities within the District.
- Demonstrates reliability as evidenced by attendance records and punctuality
- Properly notifies supervisor and/or designee of absences or tardiness
- Begins and completes work within the allotted time
- Consistently appears in attire appropriate to the work environment
- Demonstrates skill in the use of equipment including its capabilities, limitations and appropriate/special application
- Protects the District’s resources through appropriate and careful use of supplies and equipment
- Utilizes appropriate body mechanics to aid in the prevention of muscle strain/injury
Santa Fe Public Schools
610 Alta Vista Street, Santa Fe, NM 87505
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,258
% ELL Students
State Average: 16%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.45
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 228