Job | Posted 3 months ago
Reports To: Building Principal
Date: 2020-2021 School YearRequirements include:
- Must hold a Professional Educator License (PEL) consistent with the specific posted position.
- Must hold a Bachelor Degree in Education.
- Knowledgeable of curriculum and instruction.
- Flexible, excellent interpersonal communication skills, maintain a positive attitude, and promote the District 26 programs and its philosophies.
- Be responsible for planning, teaching, and assessing curriculum and instruction.
- Plan a program of study that meets the differentiated needs of learners in the classroom.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in alignment with the learning standards, establishing clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects and effectively communicating the objectives to the students.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the developmental level of the students in the classroom.
- Collaborate and coordinate with colleagues, including classroom teachers, specialists and related service professionals in order to provide appropriate supports for students.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the capabilities of the individuals and student groups within the classroom.
- Assess student progress on a regular basis.
- Maintain accurate, organized records and prepare reports of student progress.
- Effectively communicate with parents through conferences and other methods.
- Participate in curriculum development projects, materials selection, and committee work.
- Increase professional competence by participating in district in-service, seeking out other professional growth opportunities, and following the district's policies for continued university study.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Cary Community Consolidated School District 26
2211Crystal Lake Rd., CARY, IL 60013
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246