Physical Therapist EI/ECSE - Columbia Service Center
To view the full job description, click on the link on the bottom right side of this post.
Position Title: EI/ECSE Physical Therapist - Columbia County
Location: Columbia Service Center
Compensation: Per negotiated contract, Licensed Salary Schedule
Bargaining Unit: NWEA
Days Per Year: 190
Start Date: 09/01/2020
NW REGIONAL ESD'S MISSION STATEMENT: In partnership with the communities we serve, Northwest Regional ESD improves student learning by providing equitable access to high quality services and support.
This position evaluates and administers physical therapy services to students with physical limitations. Assists
students in achieving physical and functional independent access to the educational system within their
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
1. Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
2. Knowledge of/or ability to learn appropriate and various computer functions and programs including e-mail.
3. Certificates as determined by the District including state license to practice physical therapy in the State of
4. Supervision of licensed physical therapy assistants.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: include the following. Performs some or all of the following tasks. Other
duties may be assigned.
1. Works as a team member with teachers, parents and special education staff in support of educational
2. Actively participates as member of individual education plan (IEP)/IFSP team in planning goals and
educational programs for individual students.
3. Provides professional input and expertise to the IEP/IFSP team in determining eligibility for services,
developing IEP or IFSP goals and objectives for each eligible child/student and recommends service
4. Under a physician's prescription/order, plans physical therapy programs based upon individual student
evaluations of functional/developmental skills as well as other tests.
5. Under a physician's prescription/order, provides direct individual or small group services, and/or indirect
services via consultative and monitoring services to implement therapy programs to assist the family
and student to meet the IEP or IFSP goals.
6. Manages child/student behavior during therapy.
7. Communicates with other health care providers regarding student evaluations and programs.
8. Provides physical therapy support services to address and facilitate progress with student IFSP/IEP
goals. Supervises LPTA's assisting in this role in accordance with state PT license laws.
9. Provides consultation services to other professional and educational personnel regarding students'
gross motor and functional abilities.
10. Trains and supervises assignments for educational assistants (LPTAs).
11. Provides instruction in the handling and care of students to classroom and transportation personnel.
12. Evaluates students for fit/fabricate adaptive equipment (including mobility equipment, ambulatory aids,
wheel chairs, walkers, etc.) to afford students increased function/mobility in an educational setting.
13. Writes IEP/IFSP goals and objectives and maintains progress notes and data collected as required by
the physical therapy board and educational programs.
14. Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
15. Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities may contact the Chief Human Resources Officer at 503-614-1407 for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon telecommunications Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.