Job | Posted 3 months ago
SAUGATUCK PUBLIC SCHOOLS is seeking an Office Assistant who is flexible, confidential, has excellent verbal communication skills, and can thrive in a fast paced office environment. This is a full-time, school year position.
- Demonstrate exceptional ability at working with children.
- Have a positive attitude and commitment to our values at Saugatuck Public Schools.
- Be willing to support the decisions of the District Administration.
- Exhibit strong communication and technology skills.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under pressure.
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Be adept at planning and prioritizing.
- Be confidential with all sensitive information.
- Be a collaborative worker and have a constant desire to improve.
- Assist students, teachers, staff, and parents. Be friendly, flexible and have the ability to adjust tasks and schedule to changed priorities. Answer phones, greet parents and visitors, deliver mail, order supplies, etc.
- Provide Support. Assist the building principal with clerical tasks, special projects and programs, etc.
- Organize and Schedule Volunteers. Order supplies, call volunteers, schedule student support blocks, etc.
- Use Financial Software to Assist with Budget Management. Run reports, track teacher and building budget information. Do textbook and supply ordering and check in materials, Write and process all purchase orders, etc.
- Promote and assist in the control of communicable diseases. Manage the student isolation room and comfort students who are sick, while awaiting transportation.
- Maintain clear communication. Relays the health status of students to parents and school personnel with clear and confident communication.
- Administer First Aid. Order supplies, do student checks for head lice, take temperatures, administer medication, fill out weekly reports to Allegan County Health Department, track/enter all student immunizations into MCIR, schedule vision and hearing screening, assist students with special medical needs including monitoring and testing for diabetic students.
- Have a Positive Attitude. Show an eagerness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job. Be innovative and support Saugatuck Public Schools.
Saugatuck Public School
261 Randolph Street 401 Elizabeth Street, Douglas, MI 49406
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,292
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 18.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 199