Special Education Paraprofessional Shadow - Crestwood High School
Position: Paraprofessional - Special Education
Work Location: Crestwood High School
Qualifications: Applicants must possess a minimum of an Associate’s Degree or 60 college credit hours from an accredited college or university to meet the Highly Qualified requirement; A minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a public school setting is highly desired.
Reports To: Principal
Length of Service: 185 days
Rate of Pay: Based upon credentials and experience in accordance with the district-approved pay schedule.
- Under the direction of the classroom teacher, helps to maintain and oversee a positive learning environment.
- Assists the teacher in implementing appropriate daily learning experiences that are congruent with the approved practices for the grade level and/or class composition and aligned with the instructional mission of the school and district.
- Collaborates with the teacher as appropriate to help ensure that informed decisions are made regarding curricular planning, classroom environment issues, and instructional practices.
- Assists the teacher in providing any unique and/or special accommodations required for students.
- Helps the teacher promote a safe, secure, healthy learning environment.
- Works with individual student or small groups of students for behavior or academic issues
- Works with others consistently in a cooperative and respectful manner.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Evaluation: Job performance will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of Sumter School Board policy.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. Employees will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or appropriate administrator. Sumter School District reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description or application deadline at any time for the efficient operation of the district.
Sumter School District is an equal opportunity employer.