Health Services Coordinator
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Yorkvile CUSD 115 has an opening for a part-time (0.5 FTE) Health Services Coordinator.
- Develops and maintains a coordinated school health program including but not limited to standardizing plans of care, parent correspondence, and professional nursing care.
- Resource for nurses and administrators regarding school health and wellness policies and procedures. Create and maintain schedules for healthcare coverage throughout the district.
- Participates on the concussion protocol committee.
- Assesses the health and safety needs of the school environment in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines, implementing the Bloodborne Pathogen Control Plan and other interventions as indicated.
- Establishes and maintains communicable disease prevention and control program in cooperation with local and state public health agencies.
- Assists in managing school health records in accordance with Illinois School Student Records Act, providing efficient retrieval of information and other related archival responsibilities.
- Organizes and implements inservice activities for school nurses and health assistants.
- Inservice nurses regarding policies for direct professional nursing services, first aid, illness, and emergency care to students and staff including nursing assessment, identifying health problems, making referrals for diagnosis and treatment, recommending educational modifications, providing follow-up and evaluation, and maintaining appropriate documentation
- Serves on various team committees such as crisis team, wellness team, and curriculum team.
- Assists in maintaining a user friendly and organized health services office conducive to confidential communication and services
- Maintains communication with administrators, teachers, other school personnel, and parents/guardians to enhance cooperative action, which will meet the health and safety needs of students
- Responsible for health related State reports
- Participates as a member of professional school nursing and education organizations and utilizes continuing education opportunities to enhance professional knowledge in both nursing and education fields
- Participates as a member of the faculty on district committees and association activities
- Participates as an active member of the school community, representing health/wellness
- Other duties as assigned
This is an approximately 202 day position.
Regionally competitive salary.
Regionally competitive salary.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS:
- Must hold a current Professional Educator License (PEL).
- Certified School Nurse endorsement (CSN) required.
- Experience developing care plans for students with medical needs. Excellent communication skills with students, teachers, parents, and administration
- 5 years previous CSN or similar experience preferred
Yorkville CUSD 115
602 Center Parkway, Yorkville, IL 60560
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246