Business Services Specialist
The Business Services Specialist will support Blueprint181 and central purchasing responsibilities for the district, in conjunction with the Building and Grounds department. Duties may evolve following the completion of the Blueprint 181 project in 2022.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review construction invoices, prepare and code related vouchers for payment.
- Summarize construction billings by funding and construction category for cash flow and monitoring purposes.
- Prepare and maintain fixed assets records in a timely manner.
- Assures compliance with district record retention policies.
- Acts as a District Wide central purchaser of consumable goods. Monitors orders, submits purchase orders and verifies correct inventory is obtained.
- Participates in meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work team.
- Associates/Technical degree with coursework in Accounting, or related field and experience in accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience. School district accounting experience preferred.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and written with employees at all levels of the organization as well as people outside of the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships with office and district staff and identify areas of efficiency and process improvement to help accomplish the goals of the department and district.
- Ability to work independently with little work direction, to understand expectations, judge time needed to complete work assignments and organize his/her own work.
- Ability to learn, apply and explain district fiscal-related policies, procedures, rules and regulations to staff.
- Ability to effectively assemble, organize, prepare and maintain data for records and reports.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of personnel-related information.
- Organizing and prioritizing tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and need for accuracy.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing and data base software (prefer Microsoft), 10-key operation. Ability to work with multiple software applications. Skyward, UFARS and Excel experience preferred.
- Flexibility and a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks, sometimes at the direction of more than one person.
- In addition to consistent, regular attendance, the requirements listed above are representative of the characteristics necessary to perform this job successfully.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force; work regularly requires speaking or hearing, frequently requires walking and sitting and occasionally requires standing, using hands to finger, handle or feel, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling, lifting and repetitive motions; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly or quickly; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operating machines and observing general surroundings and activities; work has no exposure to environmental conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).