Days Per Year: 187
JOB TITLE: ESL Aide- English as Second Language
REPORTS TO: Elementary School Campus Principal
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Nonexempt
PAY GRADE: Para 1
The ESL Aide will assist teacher in the supervision and instruction of ESL students.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support and demonstrate our core values, communicate in a clear and respectful manner and seek to continuously improve self-performance and processes.
- High school graduate or GED from an accredited institution
- 48 hours of college coursework
- Pass Spring Independent School District’s NCLB test in the areas of Reading, Writing, and Mathematics (Tests are administered after the recommendation for hire)
- Educational Aide II Certificate (Or willing to obtain)
- Have obtained an associate’s (or higher) degree from an accredited college or university
- One+ years experience working with children
- Clerical skills
- Ability to work well with children
- Ability to communicate effectively
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist teacher in the instructional setting
- Confer with teachers, parents and/or appropriate personnel for the purpose of assisting in evaluation of students’ progress
- Perform record keeping and basic clerical functions for the purpose of supporting teachers in maintaining student files
- Monitor individual students in classroom
- Provide linguistic support to students in the content area classes
- Participate in staff development and faculty meetings as assigned
- Perform all other duties as assigned
The usual and customary methods of performing this job require the following:
Job may require prolonged periods of time sitting, moderate standing, stooping, bending, reaching and repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer. Ability to maintain emotional control under stress. May require some lifting no more than 10lbs. Overtime is required as necessary.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.