Instructional Paraprofessional (PT)
Job | Posted 3 months ago
4.75 hours per day, school year. Position has 3 personal days, 4 paid holidays, 5 sick days, $25,000 life insurance.
Candidate should hold an Associate’s degree or 2 years of college credit or its equivalent (i.e. Para Professional Assessment). Bachleor's degree preferred.
- Candidate should demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain a good rapport with students and possess a personable relationship with teachers.
- Consideration will be given to the following:
- ability to carry out directions in both oral and written form.
- various life/work experiences that contribute to the candidate’s overall preparedness. Prior experience working with school age children is a plus.
SALARY: $21.66 per hour
The instructional paraprofessional provides a variety of instructional services and classroom support to staff and students. This includes carrying out teacher prepared lesson plans and supervising teacher-planned activities, assisting in the preparation of materials for instruction, and recording individual progress of students. Paraprofessionals work under the direction of classroom teachers / case managers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Supporting Instruction
Tutoring/ instruction under the direction of classroom teacher
2. Supporting students during classroom group work
- Modifying instructional materials
- Assisting students with technology
- Helping students maintain focus and engagement
- Documentation and Data
- Understanding students’ goals and individual needs
- Observing and collecting data on student progress
- Organizing data and writing notes / summaries
- Giving feedback on student work / behavior
- Student Management
- Monitor hallways, study halls
- Reinforce school-wide behavioral expectations
- Follow student behavior plans
- Scheduling activities
- Copying, stapling, etc.
- Handling records and student information in a confidential manner
- Complete all assigned mandated training programs
- May be asked to provide medical or personal care / hygiene which may require lifting up to 50 pounds
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Farmington Public Schools
2 School Street, Farmington, CT 06032
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $20,481
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.29
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 479