GREAT START READINESS PROGRAM - PROGRAM SUPPORT AIDE FLOATER
REPORTS TO: GSRP Director
AVAILABLE: School-year position available August 2020. Will be assigned to Sodt Elementary; 147 workdays; Monday through Thursday 8:15 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.(includes 1/2 hour unpaid duty free lunch) Occasional Fridays. Actual work hours may vary.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Wage: $10.54 per hour. Benefits: Single benefits prorated to 70% if less than 30 hours/week; Holidays within the position's interval of employment. Mileage at the IRS rate for approved job related travel
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists classroom staff in all classroom activities, field trips and outdoor activities.
- Assists teacher in developing materials and providing activities related to the cultural background of the children and families served.
- Helps supervise at mealtime, eating with the children to encourage good nutrition and social skills.
- Helps keep the classroom and its contents clean and orderly.
- Performs non-instructional tasks such as clerical work, materials development/preparation, etc..
- With direction from professional staff, follows IEP/IFSP.
- Exhibits flexibility and patience when dealing with staff and students.
- Exhibits ability to work independently within guidelines established by the teacher and administration.
- Maintains confidentiality of information pertaining to students and program.
- Demonstrates warmth, concern, care and enthusiasm, as well as a genuine interest in students.
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable, daily transportation.
- Willingness and ability to service multiple classrooms during the school day.
- Maintain accurate record keeping.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on and off the height of a bus seat. (50 pound lifting test required)
- Must maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Adhere to MCISD Guidelines and Policies.
- Must follow work rules.
- Carry out all other responsibilities that may be assigned by the teacher.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: GED or High School Diploma required. May consider Certificate of Completion.
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience working with preschool age children preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with preschool students.
- Good verbal, math and grammar skills.
- Ability to interact with staff and parents.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- A Michigan and FBI criminal history check, post job offer and prior to employment. The processing fee of $43.25 is the responsibility of the applicant.
- Childcare Background Check through the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs post job offer and prior to employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is frequently required to bend at the neck more than the average person. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The employee needs to be able to tell where a sound is coming from. The employee will frequently drive while performing the duties of the job. The employee will continuously interact with the public, other staff and students. While performing the duties of this job the employee will occasionally hear conversation in a quiet and/or noisy environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and is a standard acceptable level for this environment. The employee must work with public and other staff, continuously meeting multiple demands from several people. The employee may be responsible for the safety and well-being of students.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL FILLED
ONLY APPLICANTS WHO SUPPLY THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS OUTLINED BELOW AND FULLY COMPLETE THE APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED
Must complete online application at www.monroeisd.us. Faxed or mailed applications will not be accepted. Supporting documents required (resume', transcripts, 3 letters of reference, and applicable certifications/license) must be uploaded with the application.
Human Resources DepartmentMonroe County Intermediate School District
1101 S. Raisinville Road
Monroe MI 48161
Phone: (734) 322-2642
The Monroe County Intermediate School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, religion, disability or handicap.