Speech Language Pathologist
27J Schools is currently seeking to hire 1.0 FTE Speech Language Pathologist to provide services to students District Wide. This posting is for a 1.0 FTE , or full-time position that is eligible for benefits.
This position will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide direct and indirect services/supports to students, Preschool - Transition Age in accordance with IDEA B.
- Participate as a member of a multidisciplinary team to conduct assessments for students referred to evaluation.
- Provide short-term Rtl (Response to Intervention) support when appropriate based on the Problem Solving Team's Intervention Plan.
- Bill Medicaid as appropriate.
- Special Services License issued by CDE; Master's Degree in Speech Pathology or similar field required
- Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communication
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Good communicator, creative and takes initiative
- Evidence of strong written and verbal communication skills
- Evidence of organization, planning and time management skills
- Self-starter and able to follow through on assigned tasks
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required
- Experience working as a speech/language specialist (or SLPA) in a public school setting preferred, but not required
- Experience with augmentative communication devices
- Experience and/or training in providing direct intervention for students identified as Autistic, either as a Service Provider or as an integrated Service Provider to other special education programs
- Experience in student assessment and data collection
External applicants please upload a resume, current teaching license and transcripts.
27J Current Contracted Teachers: mark that you are a 27J employee on the application and provide a maximum of 2 years previous work experience. Substitutes are considered External applicants.
All future correspondence will be handled via the email address you provided in your online application. Check your In-Box and SPAM folder.
- All 27J postings close at 4:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time
Notice of NonDiscrimination: NOTICE LINK
Title IX District Compliance Officer: Jaime White 303-655-2900
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, 27J Schools does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment.