TITLE: ASSISTANT COOK Revised: 6-19-18
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or equivalent
Equivalent combination of education and training considered
Basic mathematical knowledge, government regulation knowledge
and cleanliness/sanitation knowledge
Must possess good interpersonal and oral communication skills
Knowledge of computers or ability and willingness to learn
Able to obtain Food Handlers Certification within 30 days of employment and every 3 years thereafter
Able to lift 40 pounds
REPORTS TO: COOK and FOOD PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (K-12)
SUPERVISOR: DIRECTOR OF NUTRITION & DINING SERVICES
JOB GOAL: Engage and actively support a positive Nutrition & Dining Services culture. Contributing daily amongst your team to assist in preparation of daily menu items meeting USDA and Illinois Board of Education guidelines. Understanding the importance of your individual role and consistently being a positive role model for our students.
- Assumes responsibilities of Cook as needed;
- Sets up and assists with washing daily dishes following Health Department Standards (K-12);
- Assists with daily food preparation following production sheets and recipes;
- Receives daily food delivery, check for accuracy and date items. Assist Cook or Food Production Coordinator (K-12) with putting away all items received;
- Maintains clean equipment (refrigerators, freezers, stove, oven and milk coolers). If needed submits work orders for equipment repairs;
- Maintains proper inventory levels, communicating with Cook of items needed for week;
- Serves breakfast / lunch to students during designated meal periods;
- Assists with end of the month Inventory as required;
- Actively engages and fosters a positive culture of teamwork among all staff; is courteous and respectful to all students and district staff;
- Consistently follows all Nutrition & Dining Services and District polices;
- Completes yearly training requirements to meet minimum of 6 hours of Professional Standards as required by the USDA. Attends all Nutrition & Dining Services meetings and actively participates;
- Wears school issued uniform following Nutrition & Dining Services guidelines;
- Performs other Nutrition & Dining Services related duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine Months (174-180 Days) Classified position with salary and hours to be established by the Board of Education.
EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions established by the Board of Education.
SALARY RANGE: In accordance with the USW (United Steelworkers) Negotiated Agreement
This job description has been reviewed and is in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.