Coach - English Learner (EL) Instructional
Position: Coach - English Learner (EL) Instructional
(Grant Funded: Grant will end June 30, 2021)
Supervisor: Coordinator - Multicultural Bilingual
Work Site: Intercultural Educational Success Department
Set and carry out the goals of the District's English Language Learner (ELL) programs, and increase the English language proficiency (ELP) and achievement of English Language Learners by:C
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the implementation of curriculum, instruction, and assessment programs in ELD and TESOL endorsed classrooms and monitors instructional delivery for ELL students. Recommends the curricula and instructional needs of the District and schools.
- Monitors and analyzes all instructional assessment data, assists teachers with utilizing disaggregated student achievement data to plan and deliver instruction, and provides large- and small-group and individual training (or professional development) to help teachers make data-driven instructional decisions. Ensures that ELLs are making adequate academic progress.
- Coaches and mentors individual teachers who request or require assistance with instructional strategies, classroom management, and lesson design to accomplish the objectives established for English language learners served through ELD and TESOL endorsed classrooms.
- Actively participates in professional development activities that are provided by the District and/or by professional development organizations.
- Prepares and presents professional development activities and events that support English language development, including District curricula, instruction, and assessments.
- Evaluates professional development experiences and reviews the evaluations with participants to develop future plans that align with District, state and federal mandates.
- Supports with compliance and overall over site of the district ELL program.
- Comply with all Board of Education policies, administrative regulations, Public Education Department guidelines, and local, state and federal laws
- Accept other responsibilities and duties assigned by supervisor
- Support district and school efforts to keep CCSD safe and secure
- Complete and comply with all required trainings annually
- Adhere to NM Code of Ethical Responsibility of the Education Profession (NMAC 18.104.22.168)
- NM PED teaching license with a TESOL endorsement
- Minimum of five (5) years of teaching experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Evidence of success in the implementation of effective instructional practice teaching English learners based on student achievement data
- Knowledge of Dine language, culture, and history preferred but not required
- Good communication skills and customer service skills
Standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying up to 50 pounds, climbing, bending, reaching, kneeling, driving a vehicle, traveling long distances, writing, typing, word processing, reading, researching information, and effective communication skills.
Safety and Health:
- Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions
- Completed and cleared background check
- Pass drug test if required for position
- Knowledge and compliance with district and school Safety Plans
- Multimedia equipment, including current technology
- Equipment/materials relevant to the job responsibilities
- Valid driver license and insurable by district if necessary
- Must be able to work within various degrees of noise, temperature and air quality
- Work interruptions
- Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignment without direct supervision
- Must complete applications and assignments within the timeframes allowed
- Extended work hours, on occasion
Term of Employment:
- One-year contract
My signature signifies that if selected for the position:
- I have reviewed the contents of the job description and I am aware of the expectations of the position.
- The job description is meant as a guideline and, in the absence of specific direction, I understand that I must make reasonable decisions and must act on those decisions to ensure that the District, school and department goals are met.
- I understand that I will be evaluated in accordance with the District’s evaluation guidelines and the job description will be included in the evaluation process.
- I am able to perform all the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation(s) and agree that I will notify Human Resources if I wish to request reasonable accommodation(s).
Employee Signature Date
Print Employee Name