Class II, Cook, High School, 3.25 hours per day, 9 months
Opening due to resignation.
External candidates are welcome to apply.
Title: FOOD SERVICE WORKER File 805
Reports to: Food Service Supervisor
Job Objective: Prepares and serves meals. Maintains high standards and performs a variety of duties that support the effective delivery of quality food services. Maintains an orderly and sanitary kitchen.
Minimum · High school diploma or GED.
Qualifications: · Meets all mandated health requirements (e.g., a negative tuberculosis test, etc.).
· A record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment.
· Complies with drug-free workplace rules and all board policies.
· Self-directed, congenial disposition, and strong diplomacy skills.
· Ability to prepare standardized recipes using commercial kitchen equipment.
· Ability to comply with nutrition, health, and safety laws/regulations.
· Ability to accurately measure, weigh, and adjust recipe ingredients.
· Ability to physically manage bulk products.
Essential · Checks/confirms assignments. Carefully follows directions. Seeks advice when expectations are
Functions: unclear. Takes the initiative to perform routine tasks independently.
· Upholds board policies and follows administrative guidelines/procedures. Promotes a professional image of the school district.
· Promotes effective communications and reliable service. Uses problem-solving techniques to tactfully address questions/concerns. Refers district policy/procedure questions to administrators.
· Carefully uses products and supplies to control costs and reduce waste. Advises a supervisor about the need for additional supplies.
· Assists with the receipt of deliveries. Follows approved food safety procedures. Verifies quantities. Reports shortages and spoiled products. Organizes, stores, dates, and rotates stock as directed.
· Prepares/cooks food as directed. Complies with district specifications and mandated food service regulations (e.g., hazard analysis of critical control points, portion size, sanitation procedures, etc.).
· Assists other staff as needed to deal with unexpected or urgent situations.
· Sets up serving lines. Serves customers. Replenishes supplies. Substitute menu items as directed.
· Accounts for all lunches. Operates the cash register as directed. Ensures that money is exchanged correctly. Monitors students to help maintain orderly behavior. Does not leave the cash register unattended.
· Operates the dishwasher. Hand washes large cookware (e.g., pots, pans, trays, cutlery etc.).
· Cleans/sanitizes work surfaces, equipment, serving lines, etc.
· Stores leftover food, kitchen supplies, and equipment. Secures storage areas as directed.
· Reports vandalism, graffiti, equipment malfunctions, and other related concerns.
· Upholds the student conduct code. Maintains high expectations for behavior and performance.
· Takes precautions to ensure safety. Monitors situations that may indicate a problem. Works with supervisors to manage or eliminate risk factors.
· Helps prepare for fire, health, and safety inspections. Learns how to operate fire/safety equipment. Documents all injuries that require medical attention.
· Respects personal privacy. Maintains the confidentiality of privileged information.
· Reports suspected child abuse and/or neglect to civil authorities as required by law.
· Participates in staff meetings and professional growth opportunities as directed.
· Strives to develop rapport and serves as a positive role model for others.
· Maintains a professional appearance. Wears work attire appropriate for the position.
· Performs other specific job-related duties as directed.
Abilities The following personal characteristics and skills are important for the successful performance
Required: of assigned duties.
· Acknowledges personal accountability for decisions and conduct.
· Demonstrates professionalism and contributes to a positive work/learning environment.
· Differentiates subtle variances in aroma, color, taste, and texture.
· Effectively uses listening, observation, reading, verbal, nonverbal, and writing skills.
FOOD SERVICE WORKER Page 2 of 2
· Maintains an acceptable attendance record and is punctual.
· Performs duties efficiently with limited supervision. Strives to meet deadlines.
· Prepares accurate and timely paperwork. Verifies and correctly enters data.
· Reacts productively to interruptions and changing conditions.
Working To promote safety, employees are expected to exercise caution and comply with safety regulations
Conditions: and district policies/procedures when involved in the following situations/conditions.
· Balancing, bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, and standing.
· Exposure to adverse weather conditions and temperature extremes.
· Exposure to air-borne particulates, chemical irritants, combustible materials, electrical hazards, equipment vibrations, noises, and odors. Exposure to wet and/or slippery surfaces.
· Exposure to blood-borne pathogens and communicable diseases.
· Interactions with aggressive, disruptive, and/or unruly individuals.
· Lifting, carrying, and moving work-related supplies/equipment.
· Operating and/or riding in a vehicle.
· Performing repetitive tasks quickly.
· Performing tasks that require strenuous physical exertion.
· Traveling to meetings and work assignments.
· Working in proximity to moving mechanical parts.
Performance Job performance is evaluated according to policy provisions and contractual agreements adopted
Evaluation: by the Stow-Munroe Falls City School District Board of Education.
The Stow-Munroe Falls City School District Board of Education is an equal opportunity employer. This job description identifies general duties and is not intended to be a complete list of all duties performed. This document is subject to change in response to student demographics, staffing factors, funding variables, modified operating procedures, and other unforeseen events.
Staff member shall serve as a role model in how to conduct themselves as citizens and as responsible, intelligent human beings in order to help instill in students the belief and practice of ethical principles and democratic values.