Aide, Regular Education
JOB TITLE: Teacher Aide
REPORTS TO: Campus Principal
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Nonexempt
PAY GRADE: Para 1
The Teacher Aide will assist teacher in preparation and management of classroom activities and administrative requirements.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support and demonstrate our core values, communicate in a clear and respectful manner and seek to continuously improve self-performance and processes.
- High school graduate or GED from an accredited institution or
- 48 hours of college coursework
- Pass Spring Independent School District’s NCLB test in the areas of Reading, Writing, and Mathematics (Tests are administered after the recommendation for hire)
- Educational Aide II Certificate (Or willing to obtain)
- Have obtained an associate’s (or higher) degree from an accredited college or university
- One+ years experience working with children
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work well with children
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Assist with administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignment.
- Help maintain neat and orderly classroom.
- Help with inventory, care and maintenance of equipment.
- Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
- Provide assistance to substitute teachers.
- Conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher.
- Participate in staff development and faculty meetings as assigned.
- Assist in the classroom or other offices when needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The usual and customary methods of performing this job require the following:
Job may require prolonged periods of time sitting, moderate standing, stooping, bending, reaching and repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer. Ability to maintain emotional control under stress. May require some lifting no more than 10lbs. Overtime is required as necessary.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.