ParaProfessional - Extended Reading Intervention (ERI) Assistant
Hours: up to 20
Calendar: 178 Temporary for 2020-2021 school year only.
ParaProfessionals must meet one of the following qualifications:
Have 32 college credits or
Have a college degree or
Pass the ParaPro Assessment with a score of 460 or higher.
The cost of the exam is $55.00 (subject to change).
- Free Test Preparation can be found here:
- Click on “ParaPro Assessment” in the middle column
- Click on “Prepare for the Test” in the middle column
- About the ParaPro Assessment:
Please upload transcript and/or PRAXIS scores.
The purpose of this position is to assist with intervention during the academic intervention time for students participating in the Extended Reading Intervention program.
This position supports the Extended Reading Intervention program at elementary schools. The primary function of an employee in this position is to support intervention for students in the ERI program. The position is directly supervised by a teacher, with direction from the building Principal.
- Provide literacy-based intervention support as designed by the ERI Coordinator or classroom teacher;
- Provide additional student support as determined by the ERI Coordinator;
- Work with students in one-on-one, small group, or whole group settings as designated by the ERI Coordinator or classroom teacher;
- Perform all work duties and activities in accordance with District policies, procedures, and safety practices.
- Knowledge of basic educational procedures and objectives, including instruction and presentation, preparation of teaching materials and aids, behavior management and modification, and student-teacher relations and interactions;
- Possess competence, empathy, and understanding with regard to the needs and cultures of students;
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and observe district policies and procedures;
- Maintain student, school, and parental confidentiality;
- Operate classroom instructional equipment, standard office equipment, and a personal computer using programs appropriate to assigned duties;
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with students, teachers and staff members, and other district personnel;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrate integrity and ingenuity in the performance of assigned tasks.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to discern verbal conversation and to communicate effectively on the telephone and in person;
- Sufficient visual acuity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to comprehend written work and assessments, prepare and review documents, and organize documents and materials;
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to perform repetitive hand/wrist/arm motions and to operate a computer and office equipment, and to occasionally physically restrain a student to keep him/her from harming self or others;
- Sufficient personal mobility, flexibility, and balance, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to work in an office environment, lifting or moving objects that weigh up to 20 lbs.;
- Job tasks require, with or without reasonable accommodation, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping;
- Must have a valid Idaho driver’s license and a vehicle to drive and/or must provide own transportation for job related activities.
Performance of this position will be evaluated by the building principal in accordance with the Board’s policy on evaluations.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined by calendar year.
Regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
- If you are chosen for this position your employment with the District would be "at will". Employment at Will means that the employee or the District may terminate the employment relationship with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time.
- As per Idaho Code 65-5-1/65-503: "Eligible veterans are provided advantages in public employment in Idaho…"