Custodial Telescopic Repair Specialist - Facilities - School Year 2020-2021
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Spring Branch Independent School District
Custodial Telescopic Repair Specialist - Facilities
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One (1) year experience preferred.
- Two (2) to Three (3) years of custodial experience.
- Ability to speak and read Basic English. Ability to read and understand instructions for cleaning, maintenance and safety procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with school administrators, students, staff, contractors, vendors and community.
- Clean and neat appearance.
- Ability to use hand tools, pliers, box cutter, hammer, shovel, screwdriver, power tools, saw, drill. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work on heights of up to 20 feet on a lift.
- Ability to work on heights of up to 12 feet on a ladder and 22 feet on a scissor lift.
- Ability to operate custodial and maintenance related equipment.
- Perform general repairs as needed throughout the district.
- Use materials, equipment and all hand tools required to complete assigned duties proficiently and safely.
- May work with other crafts to complete repairs needed in relation to scope of work. Comply with local laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash.
- Work with construction materials as needed for general repairs.
- Keep daily and weekly records of material used and fills out work orders assigned for the day; detects and reports repair and maintenance problems to supervisor
- Keep Equipment clean and secured daily.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform pressure washing from ground level up to 20 feet while on lift.
- Perform preventive maintenance replacing lights, ceiling tiles.
- Perform exterior pressure washing from ground level up 20 feet.
- Perform interior high dusting of walls, fixtures ledges, HVAC vents etc.
- Perform custodial duties such as window cleaning interior and exterior.
- Assist in setting up facilities for special events.
- Follow Board Policy and departmental rules and established procedures.
- Inspect machines and equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Report all unsafe conditions and correct accordingly notify supervisor or manager immediately.
- Help keep tools and equipment in safe operating condition.
- When requested by a Supervisor, or Manager; work hours, assignment and location may change based on campus and district needs.
- Follow through with customer inquiries, request and complaints.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities: No supervisory responsibilities. May provide occasional work guidance, technical advice and training to staff. Equipment Used: Ladder, lift, wet and dry vacuum cleaner, electric drill, leaf blower, hand tools, pliers, box cutter, hammer, shovel, screwdriver, power tools, saw and drill. Working Conditions: Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Working with co-workers.
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Frequent walking, standing, climbing, and heavy lifting and carrying.
- Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces, and ladders.
- Occasional overtime required and sometimes mandatory in the event of an emergency.
- Exposure to hot and cold temperatures, dust, toxic chemicals and materials.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.
Spring Branch ISD
1066 GESSNER BLDG A, Houston, TX 77024
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558