Kindergarten Teacher - Remote Teaching
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
PEL with SCGE endorsement for Kindergarten
Previous experience as a Kindergarten teacher preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Kindergarten):
• Provides learning experiences in language arts, social studies, pre-reading, arithmetic, science, art, physical education, and music to pupils using the course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
• Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
• Develops and uses instructional materials suitable for verbal or visual instruction of pupils with wide range of mental, physical, and emotional maturities
• Provides individual and group instruction designed to meet individual needs and help the pupils make a satisfactory transition to school.
• Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve effective participation in all activities without interfering with the naturally informal atmosphere of a kindergarten.
• Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records.
• Communicates with parents through a variety of means. Holds parent conferences to discuss the individual pupil's progress and interprets the school.
• Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
• Creates and effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
• Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities.
• Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
• Ensures a comfortable room environment through control of heating, lighting, and ventilation to the extent possible.
• Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
• Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs as required.
• Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
Other related duties as assigned.
This is a full-time, union position with full benefits.
Salary is based on current teacher's contract. Multiple positions available.
Start Date: August 20, 2020