Special Education Paraprofessional - 2 Positions
This position is full-time and based out of Mahtomedi Middle School. Salary and benefits are part of the Para Master Agreement.
Must be Highly Qualified. Two year degree preferred. Previous experience working with secondary students in an educational setting preferred.
Responsible for providing an educational environment that will help students with disabilities in learning and fulfill their growth potential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify the needs of assigned students with disabilities through formal and informal assessments
- Ability to handle confrontational situations with students and use good judgement with student restraint if necessary
- Assist with lessons to ensure the achievement of student growth
- Communicate with students, parents and staff on a regular basis on student progress
- Ability to follow directions easily
- Attend department, school and parent meetings
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Mahtomedi Public Schools will not discriminated against individuals based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, parental status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age or sexual orientation.