Speech and Language Therapist
Speech and Language Therapist
Working from one of our Family Service Centers, the Speech and Language Therapist is primarily responsible for providing support to students with speech and language needs in their IEP to facilitate success at CCA. Through use of the telephone, Internet and various curriculum tools they will consult regularly with learning coaches, students and outside related service providers to ensure that each child successfully receives his/her speech and language services. The Speech and Language Therapist will also help ensure that the school operates in compliance with all state and federal regulations, and that data is being collected, stored, and updated in a manner that meets all compliance standards.
The Speech and Language Therapist will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Improve educational outcomes for all students by providing support to students, parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators in the identification, evaluation, and development of speech and language IEP’s designed to support students identified under IDEA with a primary disability of Speech and Language Impairment.
- Provide state mandated speech and language case management services to students receiving special education services
- Provide virtual speech and language therapy to students per their IEP or 504 plan.
- Provides for the review of current evaluations of speech and language students with special needs on a priority basis as requested by IEP Teams.
- Works closely with special education teachers, general education teachers and students to meet speech and language needs
- Attend IEP team meetings as case manager for speech and language student
- Monitor and Track Student Attendance
- Develop and implement learning modules which facilitate the generalization of speech and language goals
- Thorough understanding of IDEA, Chapter 14, Chapter 711 for students with disabilities
- Thorough knowledge of speech and language
- Experience with interagency collaboration for students with disabilities
- Ability to work collaboratively with students, parents, educators, administrators, employers, and agency representatives
- Possess outstanding organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to provide professional learning related to speech and language
- Possess a positive attitude
- Ability to listen, communicate, and work well with a diversity of groups and individuals
- Excellent software skills, especially with Microsoft Office
- Superior problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively both with and without supervision
- Highly detail-oriented and analytical
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office programs)
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment with a team player track record
- Strong project management skills and attention to details
- Customer focused approach with a high degree of flexibility
- Ability to work remotely, if necessary
- Ability to work occasional evening or weekend hours, as needed
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role. Requires the ability to lift, squat, sit, bend or stand as necessary. Ability to travel to other sites/locations as needed.
- 10 month
- Travel may be required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Education or closely related field from an accredited college or university
- Valid PA Speech and Language Impaired PK-12 certification (Instructional or Educational Specialist type). Will consider individuals with PA Speech Licensure or out-of-state Speech certifications and willing to obtain PA certification.
- 2 years’ experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- 5 or more years of experience
- Background in education is beneficial
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Appropriate Automobile Insurance Coverage
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Commonwealth Charter Academy is an equal opportunity employment, educational and service organization.