Part Time Food Service K-4
Reports To: Principal
Position Summary: Performs the work involved in serving school breakfast and lunch. Fulfills regulatory requirements of this position.
Status: Full time or Part Time, Non Exempt, scheduled according to the school calendar. Additional work dates and/or training dates including dates prior to or after completion of the school year may be assigned by administration.
- Works closely with Constellation Staff, specifically the Manager of School Data, Records & Food Service Operations and the Operations Assistant to ensure all requirements are met.
- Maintain effective procedures for managing the daily activity of meal preparation and serving.
- Fulfill responsibilities meeting all regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, food service, HACCP and Wellness.
- Assist in maintaining an atmosphere for collaboration and teamwork in achieving the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Adhere to confidentiality with respect to all organizational matters.
- Complete federal/state food service paperwork timely and accurately.
- Prepare requisitions for food service supplies.
- Receive, inventory and appropriately store all food items and supplies.
- Take and record temperatures of food and coolers daily.
- Heat food for meal service daily.
- Serve food according to meal schedules, departmental policies, and procedures.
- Maintain clean and organized storage areas.
- Clean all stoves, ovens, food carts, refrigerator and other food service equipment.
- Deal impartially and justly with all persons regardless of the physical, mental, emotional, political, economic, social, religious, or racial characteristics.
- Adhere to the Staff Handbook and all Constellation Policies.
- Represent the organization professionally and treat everyone in a respectful manner.
- Be responsive to all requests of Principal and the Food Service Program Coordinator.
- Complete necessary training.
- If assigned to a non-CEP school, assist with preparing and distributing meal applications, menus and orders sheets, and collecting, tabulating and placing orders.
- If assigned to a CEP school, assist with preparing menus and placing orders.
- Be an integral member of the administrative team and support the values, mission and goals of Constellation and its school system.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work with students and adults to provide a positive school climate
- Highly accurate with basic math skills.
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Remain knowledgeable about Health Department requirements
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete all required training and pass applicable testing measures.
While performing these duties of this job, the employee typically works the majority of time indoors.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and to reach with hands and arms. Ability to lift 25-30 pounds; able to reach, bend, sit and stoop. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear. Employee will be required to be on one’s feet for extended periods of time. Employee must be able to ambulate stairs multiple times throughout the work day.
Local travel to various worksites may be required.