Rice Kids’ Club Staff
POSTING #: 2224
Available Positions: 15
Rice Kids Club is looking for responsible adults that have a passion for planning, implementing, and maintaining a positive, safe, and student-centered environment for our Rice Kids Club (RKC) school aged care program. RKC Program Staff support the planning and implementation of the child care program and its daily activities for Pre-K- Grade 5 students. Staff will participate and supervise daily activities and site areas in accordance with program guidelines, operations and daily plans. This position has the potential to stay on during the summer time and other days school is out of session.
- Rice Kids Club is open Monday-Friday from 6:30 AM-6:00 PM
- Programming runs from September 8, 2020 to Thursday June 3, 2021
- Shift times will vary (Before/after school or straight day shifts) during the school year based on the school structure in place
- Hours and days are subject to change due to participation numbers and staffing needs
Student Supervision and Interaction-80%
- Supervise children in assigned areas with daily activities, as delegated
- Manage students’ behaviors and help to enforce program rules, regulations, and safety procedures of the school age childcare program
- Provide assistance and support to students with special needs in one on one or small group settings when necessary
- Support Site Lead and SAC Coordinator with planning and preparation of age appropriate activities and special events within the school age childcare program
- Participate in the cleaning, organizing and set up of games, materials and supplies as needed
- Record-keeping, including attendance, discipline reports, health and safety reports and other reports as required.
- Positively communicate and interact with students and parents at all times
- Attend meetings, in-services, and workshops as mandated.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven ability to work well with elementary and preschool students
- Ability to plan and facilitate activities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective communication and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to enforce guidelines
$10.00 per hour
Applications accepted online at www.isd47.org/employment until filled.
Applications will be reviewed immediately upon submission.
Candidates must pass a criminal background check in order to be eligible for employment.