Para Professional - Middle School / High School
Spectrum High School is a grade 6-12 college prep charter school located in Elk River, MN. Spectrum is leading the way in excellence in education and is seeking a full-time Special Education Para Professional. This position is for the 2020-21 school year.
About Spectrum High School:
Vision Statement: The vision of Spectrum High School is to be a leader in fostering academic and personal excellence through a program emphasizing high academic standards in a small-school setting.
Mission Statement: The mission of Spectrum High School is to encourage students to attain their maximum potential through a 3-dimensional strategy emphasizing
College preparatory curriculum
A technology integrated environment
Job Summary: The Paraprofessional is to support the special education students in both the mainstream and
resource setting. The Special Education Teachers will work with the Paraprofessional to ensure best practice
within the Special Education Department at Spectrum High School.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; however, other duties may be assigned:
- Assist with behavioral needs of Special Education students within the general education setting.
- Assist special education students with classwork and note-taking within the general education setting.
- Assist special education students with organization.
- Assist and monitor Homework Help classes.
- Re-teach concepts taught in the general education classroom for clarification.
- Monitor and assist general education teachers in providing special education students
- Document special education students progress towards annual goals in the general education setting.
- Administer tests to special education students in a small group setting.
Please direct all inquiries to: Nikki Woken, email@example.com
Spectrum High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.