Posted 3 months ago
SHAWNEE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
SHAWNEE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Job Title: Lawn Maintenance
Reports To: Director, Maintenance and Grounds and Assistant Superintendent, CFO
Site: Shawnee Public Schools (all locations)
Credentials: None required. Must have driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Training or Experience Required: None required. Prior experience with mowing, weed eating, edging, general law maintenance a plus.
Job Summary: Perform basic lawn maintenance at district sites. Responsible for mowing, weed eating, edging, trash pickup, hedge and shrubbery grooming.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Performs tasks with sensitivity, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Follows instructions, builds and maintains excellent rapport with district staff.
- Dress appropriately for safety while performing lawn maintenance, proper attendance and leave procedures are required.
- Resolves problems effectively and efficiently.
- Works well with team.
- Requires following safety guidelines and policies, inclusive of the District Exposure Control Plan for Bloodborne Pathogens, to reduce accident or injury to self.
Essential Job Functions (PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Mowing using push, self-propelled, and riding lawn mowers.
- Weed eating.
- Picking up trash.
- General lawn maintenance includes grooming of hedges and scrubs.
Complies with Shawnee's Mission Statement in which students are to be provided with skills, knowledge and attitudes to become lifelong learners, complex thinkers, and responsible citizens in an ever-changing global society.
Physical/Mental Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to stand/walk 6-8 hours.
- Requires occasional to frequent bending/stooping, squatting/crouching, pushing/pulling, climbing and reaching above the shoulders.
- Occasional crawling/kneeling is required.
- Requires frequent carrying/lifting up to 35 pounds and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess manual dexterity/visual ability to operate hand and power tools, and ladders safely. Must be able to read instructions.
- Employee must possess hearing to distinguish normal/abnormal sounds.
- Must be able to communicate with fellow workers and the public.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work within confined spaces.
- Must be able to see problems and dangers in low visibility situations.
- Working in the outdoors with temperature changes; driving motorized equipment (tractors, trucks); exposure to gas and oil.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Shawnee Board Policy on evaluation of personnel.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Revised: May 7, 2020