Part Time Custodian / Maintenance
Posted 3 months ago
JOB DESCRIPTION PART TIME CUSTODIAN/MAINTENANCE
REPORT TO: Program Administrator and Building and Grounds Supervisor
JOB REQUIREMENTS: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and at least 18 years of age. ? Ability to read, write and communicate in English to understand directions and communicate with supervisors, staff and students.
- Able to physically move about the building and grounds and lift 30-80 lbs.
- Flexibility to report early for snow removal when needed and ability to physically complete snow removal efficiently
- Valid driver’s license and ability to operate district vehicles
- Maintain cleanliness of buildings and grounds as directed for the purpose of maintaining a healthy environment.
- Set up and move furnishings and equipment for the purpose of program equipment needs.
- Provide maintenance services including; but not limited to waxing, mowing, and painting as directed to maintain the appearance and upkeep of the buildings and grounds.
- Provide snow removal as assigned during early work hours for the purpose of providing a safe entrance to the building for staff and students and then reporting to work at designated work hours.
- Remove waste as directed for the purpose of maintaining a hazardous free environment utilizing district approved removal and storage procedures.
- Provide feedback to supervisor about the condition of the building and grounds for the purpose of maintaining a safe environment.
- Provide light maintenance and repair as trained and directed by supervisor.
- Work over time when appropriate and approved by supervisor.
- To perform the physically demanding job functions, strength and/or endurance for lifting,
- carrying, pushing and /pulling are continuously required.
- To perform the most physically demanding job functions, the physical capabilities of climbing
- and balancing are occasionally required.
- To perform the most physically demanding job functions, the physical body movement of
- stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling is occasionally required.
- To perform the most physically demanding job functions, the upper extremity physical
- capabilities reaching, handling, and/or fine motor dexterity are occasionally required.
- Exposure to temperature extremes is occasionally present.
- Exposure to hazardous conditions (e.g. mechanical, cuts, burns, infectious disease, high
- decibel noise, etc.) is seldom or not present.
- Frequency of exposure to injury to self and/or other is seldom or not present.
Salary: starting at $12.50/hour
NSSEO, 799 W. Kensington Rd. Mt. Prospect, IL 60056