Part-Time Instructional Assistant (HS)
Title: Part-Time Instructional Assistants (29 hours of work per week)
Location: High School (grades 9-12)
Position Status: 10-Month
Reports to: Building Principal
Salary/Benefits: $20.25 per hour. Limited paid leave benefits (sick, personal days). These positions do not include health insurance.
An Instructional Assistant supports and assists the academic, behavioral, emotional and/ or physical needs of students. Student support may be provided in regular and special education classrooms and/or other school building spaces. Supports students in general and special education programs which may be individual or in small or large groups. Instructional Assistants serve to reinforce subject material taught by certificated teaching staff, aid in classroom management, provide necessary educational supports and services, and in the effective implementation of positive behavior support plans.
- Associate Degree or at least two years of post secondary study (completion of 48 credits) or
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent and the presentation of a “Credential of Competency" for Special Education Paraeducators in Pennsylvania certificate as issued by PDE
The following background checks (clearances) are also required for employment in schools. Information on how to obtain these checks/clearances can be found at www.slsd.org > employment > background checks (clearances).
- PA Child Abuse History (must be within the past year)
- PA State Criminal History Check (must be within the past year)
- Federal Criminal History Record (must be within the past year)
- A TB skin test or IGRA (interferon-gamma release assay) blood test used in the detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis (must be within the past three months)
- Employment physical
Work/Job Related Experience:
Experience working in an educational setting preferred.