Job | Posted 13 days ago
ECHO JOINT AGREEMENT
TITLE: Courier/ Custodian
REPORTS TO: Building and Grounds Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma/equivalency
Experience in building and maintenance preferred
Cooperative team player
No lifting restrictions
The Mail Carrier is responsible for the smooth flow of District information, communications and to contribute to effective school/public relations by prompt and courteous handling of all inter-office documents and packages. All such items shall be handled and delivered in a timely and safe manner. All items shall be kept confidential and safe and shall be delivered directly to the administrative offices and schools of each ECHO Joint Agreement programs and member districts.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Mail Carrier shall:
1. Have demonstrated competence for assigned responsibilities.
2. Hold a valid driver’s license with no serious violations.
3. Have experience in an educational environment.
4. Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character.
5. Exhibit a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
6. Demonstrate the ability to read, write, speak, understand and/or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
7. Demonstrate the ability to use electronic equipment for work processing, data management, information retrieval, visual presentations, and telecommunications.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Mail Carrier shall:
- Drive district vehicle to selected sites to expedite mail delivery and pick-ups.
- Receive and deliver interoffice written communications.
- Perform any duties and responsibilities that are within the scope of employment, as assigned by their supervisor, and not otherwise prohibited by law or regulation.
- Follows policies and procedures of the Cooperative.
- Is flexible and adaptable to change.
- Uses judgment appropriately.
- Conducts self in appropriate and ethical manner.
- Is responsive to staff requests.
- Participates in professional growth activities.
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Dresses appropriately.
Except. Children Have Opport. (ECHO)
350 W. 154th Street, South Holland, IL 60473
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246