Arvin Center- Culinary Arts Instructional Aide
The Arvin Education Center is looking for an Instructional Aide in our Culinary Arts Department. The Instructional Aide will help support first year sutdents in our program and work with returning, 2nd year students, in our Internship under the guidance and leadership of our lead instructor.
OLDHAM COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION - 1109-AR
JOB DESCRIPTION: TEACHER CLASSROOM AIDE
1. High school graduate
2. General clerical and technology experience including word processing
3. Passing Paraeducator exam or equivalent college hours required
REPORTS TO: Classroom teacher and Principal
JOB GOAL: To provide high quality support for the classroom teacher(s)
- Provide instruction to individuals or small groups of students, reinforcing and implementing instruction as directed by the teacher; help maintain records of student progress.
- Participate as member of an instructional team including remediation teams.
- Prepare and organize for lessons as directed by the teacher; administer and score a variety of tests according to established guidelines.
- Assist in administering diagnostic and other tests; score and record test information.
- Monitor and report behavior of students according to approved procedures; report progress to the teacher regarding student performance and behavior; check and assist students with classwork as necessary.
- Perform routine clerical duties such as preparation of instructional and classroom materials; operate copy machines; maintain classroom records; maintain attendance records, etc.
- Provide support to the teacher by setting up work areas, displays and exhibits, operating technology equipment, and distributing and collecting paper and supplies.
- Assist students by providing proper examples, emotional support, a friendly attitude and general guidance.
- Confer, as needed, with teachers concerning programs and materials to meet student needs.
- Assure the health and safety of students by following health and safety practices and regulations.
- Direct group activities of students as assigned; assist in monitoring lunchroom and playground activities as assigned; assist in emergency drills, assemblies, play periods and field trips.
- Participate in meetings and in-service training programs as assigned.
- Perform necessary medical-related services for students who have been determined by their physician to need such services, upon written delegation of the responsibilities and proper training by the Campus Nurse or Director of Health Services.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Compensation will be based on the number of contract days and appropriate board-approved salary schedule.
Adopted: March 31, 1986
Revised: July 24, 1998
Revised: June 15, 1999
Revised: July 9, 2003
Revised: December 10, 2013
Revised: October 30, 2014