Job | Posted 3 months ago
In accordance with Article VIII, Section I of the Monroe City Educational Support Personnel Association, MEA/NEA, the following is being posted.
CLASSIFICATION I – PLUMBER - MILLWRIGHT
QUALIFICATIONS: The following qualifications are required to be considered for this position unless otherwise stated.
1. Must possess a High School diploma or certified GED, be able to read/write English and have a good knowledge of mathematics.
2. Must possess a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record (no moving violations within last three years)
3. Journeyman's card and/or certification license required in the area of Plumber-Millwright. Five years documented plumber experience preferred.
4. Knowledge of state and local plumbing codes. A basic understanding of various trades in order to assist with maintaining facilities safely and in good order.
5. Ability to assist all trades with preventative maintenance on all equipment. Ability to read and interpret blue prints, architect/engineer specifications as needed.
6. Must be able to maintain all equipment pertinent to this position.
7. Ability to work in multiple school buildings and coordinate various projects as they are identified. Willingness to work both independently and as part of a team.
8. Must be capable of keeping records of sources for materials, parts and supplies for all equipment and vehicles and be knowledgeable about proper inventory of in-stock parts, supplies and materials.
9. Must be willing to abide by the safety regulations and wear protective safety equipment as may be required.
10. Must meet all other job qualifications and obtain all certifications as adopted and published by Monroe Public Schools.
Starting Date: August 2020
Hours: 8 Hours - Days
Rate of Pay: Class I Plumber as per contract
Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Supporting Credential Files should be completed and submitted via the Monroe Public Schools website, https://www.monroe.k12.mi.us/index.cfm, Employment Opportunities Link, AppliTrack
Monroe Public Schools
4920 W. Albain Rd., Monroe, MI 48161
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $20,481
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.29
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 479