In-School Suspension Teacher
All applicants must possess a valid PA teaching certificate, Mid Level 7-9 or Secondary Education 7-12; knowledge and understanding of best instructional practices; ability to engage students actively in the learning process; and interact effectively with students, staff and parents; excellent oral and written communication, organizational and computer skills; and a desire to work in an urban school district is preferred.
- Supervises students during in school suspension to include completing and distributing in school suspension (ISS) student assignment sheets, collecting assignments, reviewing assignments, answering questions and providing encouragement. Serving as a liaison between the classroom teacher and the student for the completion of missed classwork.
- Supervises ISS students during break and lunch period.
- Provides a nurturing, supportive, and positive classroom climate that encourages student responsibility, using positive motivation, clear classroom routines and effective classroom management techniques.
- Supervises and informs students of rules regarding student behavior during ISS.
- Works with the administration to have ISS serve as an effective preventative disciplinary intervention by differentiated instruction to engage all learners regardless of their skill levels and developmental needs.
LOCATION: Camp Curtin School
SALARY: In accordance with the HEA Contract Agreement
WORK CONTRACT: In accordance with the HEA Contract Agreement