Assistant Cook at P.H. Miller School
Position will be available 10/26/20
JOB GOAL: To serve students warm, attractive and nutritious meals in an atmosphere of efficiency, cleanliness and friendliness.
1. Ability to be punctual and meet tight time schedules in reporting to work, preparing foods and serving students.
2. Ability to work well with students and staff.
3. Ability to take directions from the Principal/Food Service Director and Head Cook.
4. Possess good health and good hygiene habits.
REPORTS TO: Principal/Food Service Director, Head Cook
- Attends regularly, dresses appropriately, requests approval for time off and reports for work on time.
- Reports daily to Head Cook for list of assigned duties.
- Assists in preparation of food on the daily menu in accordance with Health Department standards.
- Prepares serving station for lunch and presents food in an appealing manner.
- Assists in preparation, serving and clean-up of foods and equipment in a quick and pleasant manner.
- Serves all staff and students in a kind, courteous, and polite (never confrontational) manner.
- Follows the use of the standardized menu and follows portion control guideline.
- Assists with any extra activities needed to be performed by the Food Service Department.
- Assists with the ordering of food products and communicates with head cook when items are needed.
- Serves food during lunch services and refills food items quickly and accurately.
- Completes any cleaning assigned by Head Cook.
- Assists with checking food purchases and recording meal purchases as assigned.
- Demonstrates cooperation, courtesy and willingness to improve conditions and situations involving staff and students.
- Performs other related food service tasks as assigned by the Head Cook, Principal and/or Food Service Director.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine month contract.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually.
District Mission Statement:
The Mission of Plano School District is to empower and inspire our diverse student body to achieve academic excellence, experience personal growth, and make positive contributions to society.
District Vision Statement:
Students – Our students will think critically, persevere, and contribute productively to society.
Families & Community – Our family and community members are partners in the educational process and will support the fundamental Mission of the District.
Educators – Our educators have unwavering high expectations, believe in students, demonstrate a growth mindset, and foster a collaborative environment.
Online application required. In order to be considered for this opening, applicant must go to "View Postings" and apply for the specific Job ID number. To complete the online application process, applicants must also attach cover letter and resume. Optional attachments include credentials, letters of recommendation, certificates, transcripts, etc.
Visit the district website at www.plano88.org