Substitute Nurse / Registered Nurse
Supervisor: Principal / Assistant Principal
Salary: $96.00 per day
Work Year: School Year as needed
Summary: This position works on an as-needed basis in the absence of the permanent School Nurse or Registered Nurse. The individual is responsible for assisting students and staff members to maximize health and wellness in the school community when the regular nurse is out of the office. All duties to be performed in accordance with State Board of Education policies and procedures and state law regarding nurse practice.
1. State of Illinois Registered professional nurse, designated as R.N. or ISBE PEL with School Nurse endorsement, required.
2. Effective communication skills.
3. A demonstrated ability to be a collaborative problem-solver and a positive team member.
4. Excellent organizational skills.
5. An interest in working with students.
7. A strong commitment to professional excellence.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The School Nurse/Registered Nurse Substitute is required to perform the following duties and undertake the following responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Assess all students, faculty and staff
- Triage and treat any and all illnesses and injuries
- Administer as-needed/necessary medications on a daily and emergency basis
- Educate and counsel children and families regarding health – related issues
- Document care provided according to school policy, procedures and protocol
- Other duties as they may arise from time to time as may be assigned by a building administrator.
Apply: Applicants should complete the online application and upload all supplementary materials electronically. Hard-copy materials are not accepted. The online application may be accessed by visiting our website: https://www.applitrack.com/orland135/onlineapp/default.aspx
We are an equal opportunity employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.