Paraprofessional - ELL
Hours: 6 hours per day
This position is full-time and based out of Mahtomedi Middle School. Salary and benefits are part of the Para Master Agreement.
Must be Highly Qualified. Two year degree preferred. Previous experience working with secondary students in an educational setting preferred.
Working with students in literacy during intervention time with emphasis in EL. This position will work under the direction and guidance of the ELL teacher to support the academic needs of students
- Highly Qualified paraprofessional status according to state guidelines
- Ability to work collaboratively with students and staff; ability to adapt to students needs daily
- Previous experience working with ELL students within a secondary setting preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills; use of good judgment in making decisions
- Ability to work independently; high motivation to succeed in the role
- Strong passion working with students to achieve academic goals
- High level communication skills to work effectively with students, families and staff/colleagues
Mahtomedi Public Schools will not discriminated against individuals based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, parental status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age or sexual orientation.