Part-time Human Resources Assistant II
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT II
Hiring Pay Range: $17.05 - $18.10 /hr, DOE
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM - 11:30 AM (schedule will shift to 6 - 10 AM when in-person learning resumes, in order to function as liaison with our substitute vendor)
20 hours per week, 12 months (year round)
Location: Murphey Admin. Center
Target Start Date: ASAP
*This position is half-time, so the incumbent is eligible for full dental and vision coverage for herself/himself and her/his entire family.
Definition: Under the immediate supervision of the Human Resources Director, performs work of moderate difficulty coordinating employment functions and acting as a liaison with the District’s substitute vendors.
Essential Functions: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this job class.)
- Maintains and processes electronic job applications, routing them to hiring managers for review;
- Maintains records for employees, including certified, classified, coaches, Community Schools, or volunteers, both electronic and paper;
- Acts as the primary liaison with the District’s substitute vendors. Ensures that daily absences are filled during the early morning hours and updates the on-line substitute/absence management system. Audits invoices from the substitute vendors;
- Coordinates fingerprinting of employees and volunteers and tracks background check results;
- Conducts orientations for new employees, ensuring that all necessary paperwork is completed and that employees receive appropriate policies and procedures. Also, prepares employee ID badges;
- Assists with the preparation of personnel memoranda for the Governing Board with new hires, terminations, status changes, etc.;
- Generates and distributes periodic reports from the Human Resources Information System (database);
- Routinely communicates and coordinates with the Payroll Office;
- Recommends modifications to procedures when needed to ensure that processes and procedures run smoothly for the benefit of employees;
- Answers routine HR questions from employees and prospective applicants;
- Provides general support to the HR department, including answering phones, routing calls and taking messages as needed;
- Provides backup support to the District Office Receptionist, covering lunches and absences;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing and financial/HR software
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures and systems
- Skill in accurately preparing, maintaining and proofing a variety of detailed employment records
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing work and meeting established deadlines
- Skill in performing data entry
- Skill in communicating effectively, orally and in writing
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and administrators
Minimum Required Qualifications:
High school diploma or GED and two (2) years of administrative experience, preferably in Human Resources.