Language Arts and Spanish Teacher
Middle School ELA (Language Arts) (4 periods) and Spanish (2 periods) Teacher
Language Arts and Middle School Endorsement
Pleasantdale School District 107
JOB TITLE: Teacher
JOB GOAL: Provide instruction to students
REPORTS TO: Building Administrator
QUALIFICATIONS: Illinois Teaching License with appropriate endorsements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with others.
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Maintain a record of dependability as evidenced by consistent attendance, punctuality and attention to work.
- Understand and adapt to a variety of situations.
- Maintain and exhibit general and personal safety practices.
- Maintain stakeholder satisfaction.
- Work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Assume personal responsibility for professional performance and growth.
- Utilize effective problem solving processes.
- Exhibit professionalism in appearance and demeanor.
- Read, understand and follow verbal and written directions.
- Utilize applicable technology to support performance responsibilities.
- Develop and implement the use of effective instructional strategies based on the needs of students and district outcomes.
- Plan and carry out group and individual academic lessons.
- Promote a collaborative relationship with fellow teachers.
- Keep ongoing records including both academic and behavioral progress.
- Attend building staff meetings and applicable in-service professional development programs.
- Make proactive calls to parents and district staff concerning behavior, grades, school conferences, etc.
- Participate and prepare information for evaluations and progress review meetings as determined by district.
- Complete academic assessments of students learning.
- Establish working relationships with and provide feedback to administrators, parents, and community agencies.
- Monitor classroom and building space for safety hazards.
- Monitor student behavior during classroom and passing periods.
This job description does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. An employee in this position will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Performance in this position will be evaluated annually, twice annually, or at least every two years in accordance with the provisions of the applicable policies of the district.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Length of contract, salary, and benefits as established by the Collective Bargaining Agreement