Kindergarten Associate (Paraprofessional)
Primary Function: Assist in the implementation of District educational programs under the direction of individual licensed teachers
Qualifications: Candidate must have a High School diploma and hold Paraprofessional License.
Reports To: Principal
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Appropriate use of English; written and oral form
- Ability to follow and give direction
- Work well independently
- Ability to maintain a friendly and professional atmosphere in the classroom and interactions with other staff, parents and the community
- Use computer equipment related to position
- Able to demonstrate patience and gain student cooperation
Examples of Job Duties:
1. Work with individual children/small groups under indirect supervision of certified staff members
2. Prepare teaching materials as directed by licensed staff.
3. Perform clerical duties as related to classroom instruction.
4. Prepare evaluations on students as directed by licensed staff.
5. Implement requirements as needed for special programs.
6. Keep records on students as directed.
7. Assist in classroom management
8. Perform other related duties as assigned
Physical Context of the Job: This job may require the following: spending a portion of each day outdoors on the playground in a variety of weather conditions, occasional lifting of weights up to 50 lbs., ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Board Policy.