NOMS - Associate Principal
OLDHAM COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION – 1110.02-AR
JOB DESCRIPTION: ASSOCIATE/ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL MIDDLE SCHOOL
1. Valid Kentucky Teaching and Secondary Principal Certificate.
2. Three years successful teaching experience.
3. Experience as department chairman or other administrative experience desired.
REPORTS TO: Middle School Principal
SUPERVISES: Certified and classified staff designated by the principal
JOB GOAL: To relieve the principal of such impediments as to prevent him/her from fulfilling his/her chief responsibility of promoting the educational well-being of each student in the school.
1. Assist the principal in daily administration of the school.
2. Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all equipment, including athletics. Assume responsibility to submit such periodic updates and a full annual inventory report pursuant to district policy to the Director of Facilities.
3. Assumes primary responsibility for enforcing the Student Code of Acceptable Behavior and Discipline from Board policy and school rules for student conduct.
4. Supervises the reporting and monitoring of student attendance and works with the district Director of Pupil Personnel on investigative follow-up actions.
5. In conjunction with the district safety and disaster coordinators, conducts safety inspections and fire and disaster drills. Maintains school records and files all reports as may be required pursuant to safety inspections, fire and disaster drills.
6. Assist the principal in evaluating the job performance of specified certified/classified staff, including conducting teacher goal conferences, classroom visits and post observation conferences as assigned by the principal.
7. Assist in developing and implementing school consolidated plan.
8. Meets and serves with parent, faculty and student groups as needed to advance school and district goals.
9. Performs such record keeping functions as the principal may direct.
10. Responsible for overall direction of daily cafeteria supervision.
11. Responsible to direct school textbook/student fee procedures pursuant to Board policy and file district reports.
12. Coordinates and assures compliance with Board Policy procurement of furniture/equipment pursuant to approved budget appropriates.
13. Serves as a Principal’s designee (SBARC Chair) and provides school level direction for Special Education.
14. Supervises the maintenance and operation of the school physical plant, equipment and supplies.
15. Assists with State Department/Southern Association accreditation.
16. Oversees athletic and intramural program for school.
17. Directly supervises middle school athletic director.
18. Responsible for supervision at afterhours extra-curricular activities as designated by principal including Saturday school and after school detention.
19. Supervises all school vending sales.
20. Responsible for assignment and minor maintenance of lockers.
21. Responsible for teacher extra duty assignments.
22. Coordinates annual revision of student handbook.
23. Assumes responsibility as chief administrator for the school in absence of the Principal.
24. Perform necessary medical-related services for students who have been determined by their physician to need such services, upon written delegation of the responsibilities and proper training by the District Nurse.
25. Performs other tasks and assumes other responsibilities as the principal may assign.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Compensation will be determined by the Superintendent based on the number of contract days and appropriate board-approved salary schedule. Associate Principal (240 days) & Assistant Principal (220 days)
Revised: June 8, 1999
Revised: July 9, 2003
Revised: October 30, 20