Literacy Coach / Reading Consultant
LEARN, in collaboration with Goodwin University, has an immediate opening for a Literacy Coach / Reading Consultant for the Riverside Magnet School, in East Hartford, CT for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. The Riverside Magnet School is a public magnet school serving children ages 3 through Grade 5. The Literacy Coach/Reading Consultant is a teacher-leader who nurtures the holistic growth of all learners at Riverside Magnet School by utilizing our Reggio Emilia magnet theme to promote a deep understanding of, and life-long appreciation for, literacy, social studies, and other related areas of study and research.
- Collaboratively develop and implement common vertically aligned reading, writing, social studies, and related area curriculums.
- Lead teams in the instruction, assessment, and strategic implementation of interventions in literacy.
- Work directly with teachers in classrooms to implement highly effective and proven instructional practices.
- Lead staff in analyzing student data and developing instructional plans to address students’ strengths and needs.
- Design and implement PD for all staff.
- Serve as a leader on the school’s SRBI team.
- Cultivate and maintain resources and materials to support teaching and learning in related areas.
- Work with teachers and other instructional staff to strengthen their ability to differentiate instruction.
- Consult with and assist teachers and other instructional staff to improve their classroom effectiveness.
- Serve on the school’s Leadership Team and provide leadership on matters related to curriculum and instruction.
- Support effective programming, teaching, and learning in related areas of study or research.
- Communicate with parents and facilitate meetings for our community on curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Organize formative and summative assessments and results, including benchmark and state/national assessments.
- Serve on school and district committees as related to the areas of curriculum, instruction, and assessment, or as requested by building or district administration.
- Participate in regional curriculum activities upon request.
- Perform other tasks as appropriately assigned by building or district administration.
- Reading Consultant (096), Reading and Language Art Consultant (097), Remedial Reading and Remedial Language Arts (102), Special Teacher of Reading (063)
- Track record of success as an elementary classroom teacher, especially in an urban or highly diverse setting.
- Strong understanding of reading, writing, and social studies content and standards.
- Knowledge of Connecticut Core ELA Standards and Connecticut Social Studies standards.
- Prior curriculum development and instructional coaching experience.
- Experience implementing a model of continuous improvement to build adult capacity.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills with evidence of effective support of adult learners.
- Background and interest in the Reggio Emilia philosophy
- Experience working with culturally, socially and economically diverse student/family populations