Manager of Instructional Technology
Job | Posted 15 days ago
Working from a Family Service Center, the Manager of Instructional Technology is responsible to provide leadership and to manage the implementation of technology in the instructional program.
- Facilitate the use of technology within all curricular areas of the K-12 program
- Act as a key stakeholder in the evolution of the CCA learning management system
- Act as a key stakeholder & leader in the development of the TechWorks program
- Collaborate with all stakeholders including the Learning Department, Technology Department, and outside vendors
- Formulate policies and procedures for reviewing, purchasing, maintaining and updating software based on long-range plans.
- Work with the learning department to evaluate how technology is infused into each core curriculum area
- Supervise and evaluate all staff under his/her direction
- Coordinate and provide training on new hardware and software for all stakeholders
- Actively update change management documentation and provides management reports.
- Assist in maintaining test environment to assess configuration changes to critical instructional technology software packages.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Technology
- Remain current with new trends in instructional technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills: ability to be creative, flexible, persuasive, and to deal courteously and tactfully with all stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively both with and without supervision
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Proficient knowledge of technology equipment setup, operation, web design, scripting and basic coding and course creating in learning management systems
- Aware of current trends in educational technology
- Self-learner willing to investigate new tools, programs, procedures
- Demonstrated the ability to work to be a team player in a fast paced environment
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical: Requires the ability to lift, squat, sit, bend or stand as necessary. Ability to travel to other sites/locations as needed.
Mental: Positive attitude, creative, analyzing, problem solving, decision making, communication skills, and writing.
- Travel will be required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Advanced degrees in education - required
- Experience in the use of technology in education
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in education
- Instructional Technology Certification
- Curriculum Certification
- Strong educational presence on social media
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Appropriate Automobile Insurance Coverage
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Commonwealth Charter Academy is an equal opportunity employment, educational and service organization.
Commonwealth Charter Academy
000, 000, PA 00000
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $16,365
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.21
% IEP Students
State Average: 18%
State Average: 302