Duty Aide (Part-time)
Job | Posted 3 months ago
TITLE: Duty Aide (Part-time)
- High School Diploma.
- Working knowledge of an elementary school office.
- Ability to interact positively with staff, students, and the public.
- Demonstrated aptitude for the work to be performed.
- Physically able to perform assigned duties.
- Previous experience preferred, but not mandatory.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Building Administrator.
To help establish and maintain a pleasant atmosphere on the playground.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs record keeping (confidential and non-confidential) and general and program specific clerical functions (e.g. student and staff information, scheduling, copying, faxing, etc.) for the purpose of supporting assigned administrator and/or maintaining accurate site information.
- Provides various types of general clerical support as assigned (e.g. distributes US and in-district mail, data entry, completes purchase orders, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the effective and efficient functioning of the assigned building.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external parties by phone, letter and/or in person (e.g. staff, parents, students, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of providing information, facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
- Supports assigned administrative personnel for the purpose of providing assistance with administrative functions.
- Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
- Assists in and/or orients volunteers and new site personnel regarding appropriate school and district practices for the purpose of effectively assimilating new personnel into site operations.
- Cleans tables as needed and assists with the cleanup of minor spills.
- Follows the District Discipline policy under the direction of the Building Administrator.
- Has regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a part-time position. The exact terms will be determined by the needs of the school and budgetary constraints.
This is an “at will” position in that the employer or employee may terminate employment at any time or for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. The “employment at will” policy cannot be changed verbally or in writing, unless the change is specifically authorized in writing and expressly approved by the Board of Trustees.
Performance of this position will be evaluated a by the Building Administrator.
Jefferson County Joint SD 251
3850 E 300 N, Idaho Falls, ID 83401
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,469
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 18.67
% IEP Students
State Average: 10%
State Average: 163