Job | Posted a day ago
New Teacher Training
August 11th, 12th, 13th, 17th and 18th
Additional required skills:
- Assessment and Interpretation: Identify and assess the learning, development, and adjustment characteristics and needs of individuals and groups, as well as, the environmental factors that affect learning and adjustment. Use assessment data about the student and his/her environment(s) in developing appropriate interventions and programs.
- Direct Intervention for Students: Provide interventions (i.e. Counseling) to students to support the teaching process and to maximize learning and adjustment.
- Consultation and Training: Provide consultation to parents, teachers, other school personnel, and community agencies to enhance the learning and adjustment of students.
- Program Development / Design: Assist in the planning, development, and evaluation of programs to meet identified learning and adjustment needs.
- School Psychology Program Implementation: Can independently assess needs and develop a planned and coordinated program of psychological services to address the needs of the building aligned to district and state standards.
- Professional Practice and Development: Apply ethics and standards of professional practice in the delivery of school psychological services and observe relevant laws and policies that govern practice. Participate in professional organizations and continually seek to improve professional knowledge and skill.
- Communication and Relationship Skills: Communicate (oral and written) effectively with students, parents, and school staff.
If selected for an interview the following original items must be presented at that time:
- Copy of teaching certificate
- Copy of PRAXIS results (if applicable)
- Official college and/or university transcripts
- Criminal Record Check (less than one year old)
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance (less than one year old)
- FBI Finger Print Clearance (less than one year old)
- TB Test/Mantoux (less than 3 months old)
- Physical - if applicable (less than 1 year old)
Please do not mail resumes/application materials directly to the Cumberland Valley School District. Unsolicited application materials cannot be acknowledged or returned. Based on the volume of applications the district receives, we ask that you do not contact the district to check the status of your application or to check the status of a position.
Cumberland Valley School District prohibits discrimination, including sexual harassment, on the basis of race, color, age, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, marital status, parenting status, pregnancy or handicap/disability in its activities, programs or employment practices. More information regarding the complaint process and complaint forms can be found at: https://www.cvschools.org/nondiscrimination.
Cumberland Valley School District
210 North Sporting Hill Road, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $16,365
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.21
% IEP Students
State Average: 18%
State Average: 302