Social Worker - Part Time
Instruct students in the specific area of specialty; help students learn subject matter and skills that will broaden their learning experiences and contribute to their development in order to meet high expectations; communicate with parents; provide social/emotional/behavioral supports and or consultation to maximize the students' learning experience. Windham Public Schools is a welcoming learning environment where all students are prepared for college and career. All educators must be excited about working with diverse populations, and eager to collaborate with colleagues.
- Adhere to the Connecticut Code of Professional Responsibility
- Ensures safety of students
- Implements the Windham Board of Education and administrative policies, rules, regulations and directives
- Manage the classroom and individual student behavior to maintain an advantageous learning environment
- Maintains accurate and complete records as required
- Attends parent/teacher conferences
- Assess student learning on continual basis and identifies areas of intervention if needed
- Follow the scope and sequence of the instructional program as defined and approved by the Windham Board of Education
- Maintains respect for confidential information
- Design instruction to meet the needs of all students through both individual and small group settings as needed
- Maintain a positive learning environment that encourages open communication between the educator and learner
- Maintain a positive school community image that encourages ethical student behavior
- Maintain ongoing communication with parents
- Practices in accordance with the Standards for School Social Work Practice in Connecticut, as developed by the Connecticut State Department of Education.
- Other duties as assigned by Administrator and/or Superintendent
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain professional relationships
- Participate in professional learning by attending seminars and workshops to improve instructional practice and positively affect student achievement
- MSW preferred,
- Experience with Young Parents & Community Resources
- Bilingual(Spanish/English) preferred.
- Active subject matter certificate as required by the Connecticut State Department of Education
- CT Certification (071) School Social Worker
- Experience working with a diverse student demographic
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent and/or Windham Board of Education may find appropriate
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to foster and facilitate learning and classroom management
- Knowledge of Social Work principles, theories, testing, methods, etc. as well as proven behavior management methods.
- Ability to communicate ideas and directives clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Effective, active listening skills
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent public relations skills
click to Apply at:
WINDHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Windham Public Schools to ensure equal employment opportunity to every person regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, marital status, national origin, gender; gender identity or expression, sexual preference or physical and mental disability; and to ensure equal educational opportunity for all students and to prohibit unlawful discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, age, marital status, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical and mental disability in the school district's educational program and activities.