OCHS - Head Girls Lacrosse Coach
Job | Posted 3 months ago
OLDHAM COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
HEAD COACH 1160.01AR
- High School diploma, or G.E.D. certificate.
- 64 semester hours (minimum) of college credit; or completion of approved KHSAA professional development training as specified in Bylaw 27.
- 21 Years of Age.
- Has met requirements of a criminal records check as specified by Kentucky State Law.
- Successful completion of first aid course and CPR certification, as well as any other applicable training requirements as specified by KHSAA Bylaw 27.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sporting rules, regulations and guidelines.
JOB GOAL: To coach various middle and high school sports. Provide supervision of assigned assistant coaches.
CRITICAL SKILLS/EXPERTISE REQUIRED:
- Fundamentals of various sports.
- Health and Safety regulations.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Supervise assistant coaches on one or more sports.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Lift heavy objects.
- Assist in promoting sports in the school and community.
- Assist the Principal and/or Athletic Director in planning the athletic program.
- Organize and supervise practices.
- Teach individual fundamental skills, team plan, team strategy and rules and regulations of the game.
- Teach good sportsmanship and self-control.
- Ensure eligibility of participants, including insurance coverage and parent consent.
- Assist students by providing a proper role model, emotional support, patience, a friendly attitude and general guidance.
- Conduct learning experiences with small groups of student athletes.
- Assist in the recommendation of the purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms as appropriate for the health, safety and welfare of student athletes.
- Demonstrates loyalty and dedication to the purposes and goals of the Frankfort Independent Schools.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
Employment will be on an as needed basis as determined by the Superintendent and will be subject to review for continuation on an annual basis. Stipend commensurate with adopted Oldham County Schools Extra-Curricular Sponsor Stipend Schedule.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of classified personnel. Evaluations will be conducted by the building principal or his/her designee.
Adopted Oldham County Board of Education January 15, 2020
Oldham County Schools
1150 N. HWY 393, Buckner, KY 40010
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,394
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.39
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 525